What to do if WhatsApp isn’t working
Do you urgently need to contact friends or loved ones, but your WhatsApp application is desperately refusing to work? Communication apps have long since replaced phone calls. Now texting is much easier than calling.
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app. That’s why when it doesn’t work, you must quickly find a way to fix the problem and return it to working capacity to stay in touch with all the people you need. 1000+ Howly specialists are 24/7 ready to help you with this task, promptly find the bug, and fix WhatsApp for you!
Get consultations from the top experts 24/7
On Howly, you can chat with experts about smartphone problems and solutions round the clock. We’ve already gathered thousands of quality specialists who have superpowers to make smartphone problems solved. Here you can always find someone ready to assist.
Describe what issues with a smartphone or gadget you’ve faced, and let us connect you to a professional who can consult you. Then talk to a gadget repair expert until your problem is solved.
People who assist you
We are confident that our experts are the best professionals you can meet on the web. They are top economists, beauty consultants, electronic engineers, and other specialists who have real superpowers to solve problems at a distance. Everyone who chats with you on Howly has successfully passed our 4-step verification and proven their competence. Now they are here to provide you with real expert answers and working solutions.
Experts you can trust
Answers in minutes
No hidden payments
Unlimited number of questions
Trusted & Secured
What WhatsApp problems can Howly solve?
Unfortunately, the WhatsApp application often has bugs, making you spend hours googling something like, “My WhatsApp is not working – what to do?” to find the solutions. With any of these problems, Howly is ready to help. Here is the list of the most common WhatsApp issues we fix every day:
- You can’t log in to the application;
- You can’t send messages;
- The application freezes and shuts down;
- WhatsApp deleted your profile for an unknown reason;
- WhatsApp is down;
- Lost messages;
- You are unable to send or download media files;
- Contacts are not appearing on your WhatsApp;
- WhatsApp can’t play the audio or video;
- WhatsApp connection problem.
Each of these problems has several solutions, depending on the cause. Howly experts know them all. They are ready to help if you have any problems with WhatsApp, even if you don’t see it in this list.
How do Howly experts work?
That’s how our experts help you via chat:
- Ask clarifying questions to find out the cause of the breakdown;
- Share instructions on how to troubleshoot your WhatsApp issue with you;
- Give recommendations so that your WhatsApp application works stably in the future;
- Answer any of your questions.
Therefore, if you notice that your WhatsApp application shows errors, doesn’t load, or doesn’t perform any functions, write to Howly specialists and get help asap.
Use Howly’s help to troubleshoot WhatsApp issues
At Howly, we have gathered high-class experts who are happy to help you 24/7. They like new challenges and know how to fix various tech issues. So be sure that they will immediately help you find and solve the problem with your WhatsApp mobile application and eliminate all errors in the work. Therefore, do not waste time. Instead, write to the Howly chat!
What our members say
The most common questions about WhatsApp
In the work process, Howly specialists receive many different requests. In most cases, to solve the problem, you need to find its cause. But there are a few easy ways to get your WhatsApp back up and running. You can find them in these experts’ answers to our users!
If you have not logged into your WhatsApp for a long time, such a problem could arise because, after 120 days, the application deleted your account as inactive. In this case, you will have to create a new one.
If you log into your WhatsApp regularly and suddenly lose access to it, check:
- Network on the phone (if you use mobile Internet) or Wi-Fi connection;
- Correct phone number entry.
To get your Internet connection back, turn on airplane mode on your phone and turn it off after a few minutes. Then try to launch your WhatsApp. Also, check if the Wi-Fi router is turned on.
You can check the correctness of entering the number in your profile. To do this, click on the upper right corner of the application, and select “View my account information”.
There are also several reasons for such a problem. Firstly, the WhatsApp app may not work due to a massive glitch in the app itself. It’s easy to check — type in “Why is WhatsApp not working?” into Google and check if it works in your region. Secondly, the application may not work due to errors on your phone. Then try the following:
- Exit and reset the application.
- Update the application using Play Market for Android or AppStore for iPhone.
- Restart your phone.
- Check if your device has enough memory, save the necessary data, and clear the cache.
Unfortunately, this issue with WhatsApp is also common. If you cannot make a call, do the following:
- Check if the country you are currently in is on the list of countries where WhatsApp calls are prohibited. For example, such a ban is valid in the United Arab Emirates. Also, ensure that the person you call isn’t located in such a country.
- Next, check if the app has permission to make calls. To do this, go to your phone’s settings, select the “Apps” tab and find WhatsApp. If WhatsApp has restricted access to making calls, allow it.
- And another reason why there may be difficulties with making calls is the speed of the Internet. If the connection is terrible, you will not be able to make a call. So check your connection.