If you notice that your iPad gets hot or runs out of power quickly, it does not necessarily mean a problem with the device. Several reasons can cause heating up. For instance, it can happen to a lot of programs being loaded simultaneously. Of course, if a gadget constantly gets very hot, this can lead to serious breakdowns. However, most commonly, you can solve the problem of overheating yourself.
The main causes of iPad heating
All Apple smartphones and other devices are reliable, but even the latest iPad can malfunction. For various reasons, absolutely all gadgets (phones, tablets, laptops) are heated, so if the iPad is warm, do not rush to the repair shop. Try to find and fix the reason on your own.
The main cause that can produce overheating of your iPad is connected to the charger. In this case, overheating in your gadget is normal, and there is no way to fix it. However, sometimes the heating of your device can be caused by other issues.
If your iPad gets very hot, the causes may be:
- High ambient temperature;
- Use of non-original battery charger, and battery pack;
- Battery failure;
- Damage of mechanical elements;
- Moisture ingress inside the device;
- High load on the tablet’s processor.
Sometimes, the iPad can get very warm while you play games or use graphics-intensive apps. The problem can even arise during the use of email and Wi-Fi (especially if the access point is far from the device). In addition, it can happen when you use resource-intensive features while charging the gadget. To avoid problems with iPad heating, try running applications with low graphics quality simultaneously as charging, and try to charge the device in a cool room.
Signs of iPad malfunction
Situations where the iPad gets warm can vary. There are various signs you can use to identify problems with your iPad:
- Fast battery discharge;
- Slow charging of the iPad;
- Errors in the operation of applications;
- Failure when using multiple functions at the same time.
For example, if the iPad is very warm when running several applications, the cause is an increased load on the processor. In such a situation, you should stop the device and check if the heat level has decreased.
If your tablet has overheating problems, you must determine its causes first. Only after this try fixing your device at home.
To reduce the heat buildup of the iPad and prevent the battery from draining quickly, follow these steps:
- Reset all the settings of your gadget. Don’t forget to make a backup copy of all the data.
- Reflash the device by installing the latest software.
- Check the current settings of the Internet and other functions.
- Turn off functions that are not in use.
It may be difficult to determine the cause of the iPad warming up in standby mode. Most often, it can be solved by simply replacing the battery. Overheating can also occur if the moisture is trapped inside the gadget and oxidates the contacts. In such a situation, you must unplug the tablet and wait until it is completely dry.
How to prevent the iPad from overheating
To avoid tablet heating, you should follow the rules of using the device. It would help if you also were sure of the quality of the charger you were using and did not overload the iPad when it is in use.
There are more ways to reduce the heat level of the iPad on your own:
- Do not use more than one function at a time.
- “Unload” applications from the device memory that you are not currently working with.
- Do not allow moisture to get inside the gadget.
- Use only the original cord to charge the device.
- Do not leave the tablet in the open sun, in rooms with high temperatures, or in places with high humidity.
If you tried everything to reduce the heat level of the device, but the iPad keeps heating, try to reflash it yourself without restoring the backup and check how it will function on a “clean” system. If you cannot fix the cause, do not hesitate to address a professional helper on Howly. Seek assistance from experienced technicians who specialize in servicing Apple devices.
Professional repair of any Apple device
If the iPad continues heating up, the problem is unlikely to go away on its own. On the contrary, such a situation can lead to more serious consequences. Most likely, the causes of malfunction are in the “internals” of the gadget. It can be the battery, the motherboard, the charger controller, and even the processor.
In this case, it is impossible to determine the cause by yourself. Therefore, if the problem arises in standby mode while recharging or using the iPad’s basic functions, it is necessary to seek help from experienced professionals.
Do not rush to take a faulty device to the service center, it is much more advantageous to use the services of experienced professionals registered on the site Howly. Ordering services from Howly technicians to repair your iPad has many advantages:
- Thorough diagnosis of the tablet and prompt determination of the cause.
- High level of professionalism of certified technicians.
- Repair any complexity of faults in a short time.
- Affordable prices for Apple service.
At Howly, you can quickly find an experienced technician who will help you determine the cause of the problem and offer the best options for fixing it.
If you find that your iPad is heating quite a lot, and you are wondering if you can repair the device yourself, immediately use the services of Howly.