Home network troubleshooting
Network problems are among the worst that may happen to your computer. After all, the Internet opens up an unlimited number of opportunities. We go online several times a day to have some fun or chat with friends. It has already become an integral part of our routine. And a computer networking problem seems even worse if you work on the Internet. Indeed, the connectivity issue may result in financial loss. So what to do? Howly knows the way out!
Get consultations from the top experts 24/7
The best way to fix the Internet is to contact a highly-qualified specialist. And Howly has top experts ready to provide you with an instant solution to your PC network problem. Each member of our team has both a certificate for the provision of technical services and extensive work experience. This proves the strength of our experts and the efficiency of their solutions. So feel free to contact our specialists. They’re online 24/7!
People who assist you
We are confident that our experts are the best professionals you can meet on the web. They are top economists, beauty consultants, electronic engineers, and other specialists who have real superpowers to solve problems at a distance. Everyone who chats with you on Howly has successfully passed our 4-step verification and proven their competence. Now they are here to provide you with real expert answers and working solutions.
Experts you can trust
Answers in minutes
No hidden payments
Unlimited number of questions
Trusted & Secured
Common home network problems users face
Nothing is more annoying than home network problems. And inexperienced PC users may find it difficult to determine what went wrong. Since Howly experts have long been dealing with network problems, you just need to tell us about the symptoms of your Internet malfunction, and our experts will immediately describe what problem you are facing. We analyzed all the requests from our customers and compiled a list of the 10 most common network issues that may happen to you too.
- Low Internet speed;
- Unstable wireless connection;
- Router fails to detect Internet cable;
- Android loses network connection;
- Internet keeps dropping;
- Problems when setting up a router;
- IP configuration errors;
- Limited connectivity error on Windows PC;
- Phone can’t connect to the home network;
- Broken Wi-Fi adapter drivers.
All these problems have simple solutions. However, the complexity of the issue has no importance for Howly specialists. We can resolve any network bugs in the fastest possible way!
How to solve networking problems promptly
You have the power to solve any problems with your home network. Have doubts? Everything is simple if you work with Howly! Our experts will give you clear and comprehensible instructions on how to get rid of certain Internet problems. Thus, you’ll feel like a real tech geek. But most importantly, you’ll know what to do in case of any network faults. We’ve already prepared several effective solutions to popular home Internet issues, so feel free to explore them!
Benefits of troubleshooting home networking issues with Howly
When you encounter a certain Internet issue on your PC, you can no longer use the computer to google possible solutions. But you still have an opportunity to fix the problem by contacting Howly experts through your smartphone. We’ve optimized our website for all mobile devices, so now you can solve your technical problems anytime, anywhere. Moreover, we guarantee instant solutions, a personal approach, the best troubleshooting strategies, and high-quality service to every client. Keep in mind that we’re always happy to help you!
What our members say
Thank you so.much! That issue meant a lot to me....
Probably every user has faced the problem of a weak Wi-Fi signal. And the solutions are simple:
- Locate the router’s antennas correctly – with a precise 90 degrees parallel to the ground.
- Place the router as close to the center of the room as possible.
- Provide direct signal visibility by removing all obstacles, such as furniture and appliances.
- Disable unnecessary network protocols in the router settings.
- Look for another Wi-Fi channel.
- Increase the transmitter power in the router settings.
- Replace the antennas.
- Switch to a 5 GHz network.
The easiest way to solve the problem is to restart the phone. If this gives no result, delete the network. To do this, go to the list of available Wi-Fi networks and choose “Delete this network” (or “Forget the network”). This will remove all settings: IP address, DNS, and others. Then find the network you need and connect to it by entering the password.
If you failed to eliminate the problem, go to “Settings” –> “System“ or “Additional functions” –> and click “Reset network settings”. Then restart your phone and try connecting again.
Nothing helps? Download an antivirus app and run it to diagnose your phone. Malicious software can intentionally block Internet access or break it due to certain settings.
If you have problems connecting to the VPN server using your home network, there are a few things you can do to fix the issue:
- Check your network connection by opening any web page. If you detect Internet problems, restart your modem/router or try switching to other DNS servers.
- Check that your login details are correct.
- Access your VPN client from another device.
- Restart the VPN client or reinstall it.
- Opt for another VPN protocol.
- Check if the VPN server is working properly. Users write about various connection issues on the company’s social networks or the DownDetector website.
- Update or reinstall your web browser if you use the built-in VPN
- Check whether your router supports VPN