If your desktop folder has disappeared on your Windows 7 device, today’s article is just for you.
Why has the desktop icon disappeared from Windows 7?
If the device is missing all the icons and the taskbar (and all you can see is your wallpaper), launch the task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and confirm the Processes tab to make sure that explorer.exe is launched and running.
The Show Desktop button looks like a small rectangle in the lower right corner of your Windows computer’s desktop. It’s much smaller than in Windows 7, but clicking the divider at the end of the taskbar minimizes most open windows, providing a screenshot to access the Windows desktop.
Take a look at the desktop
In Windows 7, you can simply hover over the icon, which is a big little rectangle around the right side of each “taskbar” without clicking it, to get a quick preview of Aero Peek at the office.
The option to enable Peek for Desktop Preview is found in the Settings menu on the taskbar.
- Right-click an unused software part of a specific taskbar. Select “Taskbar Settings” at the bottom of the pop-up menu. The taskbar settings window should open.
- Toggle the option that says Use Preview to preview the desktop when you hover over the show table button at the end of a specific taskbar to the On position.
Make sure desktop icons are not disabled
The first and most important thing you need to do before using other methods is to make sure that your desktop icons are enabled. If you or someone else removed this option, your Windows desktop icon will disappear. However, you can restore everything in a few clicks.
- Right-click anywhere on the main window and select “View” and then “Show Notebook Icons”.
- Make sure there is a checkmark next to the correct selection to indicate that the option is enabled.
Change desktop icon settings
You should also check the desktop icon settings and make sure the desired options are set and enabled. If you have your settings accustomed, this can be a reason why the desktop icon has disappeared.
Usually, you can go to the settings and adjust them to fix the issue there.
- Right-click anywhere on the main screen and select the appropriate configuration option.
- Select the Themes option from the left sidebar on a new screen.
- On the right, you will see an option known as Desktop Settings. Click on it to open a new settings menu.
- On the trail on the home screen, users can select and deselect the icons they want to display relative to their desktop.
- Make your selection and click Apply and then OK.
Restart Windows Explorer
Desktop icons can be part of concept explorer.exe running on your computer. If there are any progress issues, it can make your desktop icons disappear on your Windows PC.
The good news is that you can usually easily fix this problem by restarting your computer.
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Select “Task Manager” from the options available on the screen.
- Press the “Cure” button.
- Find the named Windows Explorer, right-click it, and select End Task.
- First, open the File menu and select Run New Task.
- Enter explorer.exe in the field on the screen and press the enter key. It will restart the specific Windows Explorer.
No comments yet...