Do you keep valuables in a safe? Then you need to know how to change the combination on the sentry safe in case you forget or lose the security code. In this article, you will find all the information you need about the sentry safe reset combination. Save this article not to panic but to know the procedure if you forget the code to the safe.
Sentry safe combination reset
If you realize that you have forgotten or lost the code to your safe, do not worry. Sentry safe was prepared for users to forget or lose the code and developed a special algorithm of actions. It will help you regain access to your safe and the valuables you keep there. The plan of action is very simple and easy. First, you need to reset the old (or factory) code and then reprogram the sentry safe for the new code.
The first step is to reset the combination. Here are simple instructions to help you to reset the combination easily:
- First, find the manual that you received when you bought the item. There you should find the factory code.
- Find the PROG key and press it. Then you have to enter the factory code that you found earlier.
- Done. Now you have sentry safe combinations reset all the old combinations on your safe, and you can move on to the next step.
How to change sentry safe code
After all old passwords have been reset, you can start reprogramming your safe. This can be done very easily, and anyone can do it. Just follow the instructions below.
How to reset a sentry safe — first step
- Press P and tap the code as soon as possible. This is the same code we entered to reset the password. It's important to do this very quickly, so don't hesitate to enter the code quickly.
- Now pay attention to the indicator light. It should light up green. After that, you can enter the user code. It is better not to be slow with this process either; try to do it in 5 seconds.
- Be careful with the door of the safe: it should be ajar all the time. Now go to the next step.
How to reset sentry safe combination — the second step
- Now let's proceed directly to programming the new code. The first thing to do is to find the # sign and click on it.
- Now it is necessary to enter the code. The next step is to press the sign a second time. Be careful and pay attention to the indicator. It will now glow orange in color.
- While the indicator is flashing, type in the new safe code and press the £ sign.
Sentry safe code reset — the final step
- Let's move on to the final step of the setup. Now make sure that you have done everything correctly.
- Enter the new code and press the £ sign again.
- Pay attention to the indicator, which is lit orange. If it has gone out, then everything is correct, and the programming process is complete.
How to change the combination on a sentry safe — useful advice
If you are in the process of a sentry safe change code, take note of these helpful tips. They will help you and protect you from common mistakes:
- Do not forget about the security of personal information, even if it concerns safes. Don't give your safe code and factory code to anyone to keep it safe.
- During the programming process, you must make sure that the safe door does not close.
- The instruction booklet containing the factory code should be kept with you and not given to strangers.
Why I can't change the code on a sentry safe?
If you did everything according to the instructions above and you can't reset the sentry safe, then you have a non-standard problem. To solve them, you need to contact support. You can do this on the official website.
What can I do to protect my safe from losing the code?
In order not to worry that you can forget the code or lose the factory code, you can register on the official site. With your registered safe, you will be able to restore your code if you forget or lose it.
If you keep valuables in a safe, you know how important it is to remember the code to it. And if you forget or lose the code, it seems like a hopeless situation. But in fact, you can reset the sentry safe digital combination and gain access to it. There are detailed instructions to help you do that in this article.