Author: Christine Tomas
So you have lost access to your Chime account or have some other issues with signing in. In this article, we will deal with various reasons for this issue and provide detailed information on how to reset your Chime password with a mobile application or on the official Chime website in many different ways. Let’s start!
What is Chime? Chime is a financial company created to provide mobile banking services. Therefore, customer data protection is carried out at a high level. As there is a lot of sensitive info in your profile, the company requires your password to be complex and difficult to crack. Also, two-factor authentication is frequently used to provide additional protection for your data.
Reasons why you may no longer have access to your Chime account
Let’s analyze possible causes why you may need to reset your Chime password:
- You simply forgot your Chime password.
- You, for some reason, don’t have access to the email address that is your Chime login (the same address you entered to create an account).
- You have lost / changed the phone number that was linked to your account.
- Your account has been suspended by the administration. If the company’s security service detects unusual or questionable activity associated with the account, they may suspend it.
- The administration of Chime may block your account if you have not provided all the necessary documentation in accordance with the company’s policy.
How to reset the Chime password
You can get a new Chime password on the company’s website or just in your Chime app. So if you forgot your Chime password, just follow the instructions below.
To reset the Chime password on the company’s website, follow the steps:
- Open your browser.
- Go to the official Chime website and click on “Forgot your password?” or just follow this link.
- Enter your email address linked to Chime and click on the Submit button.
- On the next page, enter the last four digits of your social security number. It’s necessary to confirm that the account belongs to you.
- Next, enter your email and go to incoming messages. Open a new message from Chime and follow the attached link. If there are no emails in your inbox, check your Spam folder.
- In the new tab, enter a newly created password in one field and duplicate it in the next. Then click on the Reset button.
- Sign in to your Chime account with a new password.
To reset the Chime password in the mobile application, do the following:
- Open the mobile application Chime on your smartphone.
- Tap on “Log in”.
- After that, find the “Need help?” button and tap on it.
- In the popped window, tap on “I forgot my password”.
- In the new window, type your email address and the last four digits of your social security number. Then tap “Submit”.
- Next, enter your email and go to incoming messages. Open a new message from Chime and follow the attached link. If there are no messages in your inbox, check the Spam folder.
- Then you will be redirected to your app. Enter your new password in one field and duplicate it in the next. Then click Reset.
- Sign in to your Chime app with a new password.
How to recover access to your Chime account?
As we’ve mentioned before, the Chime service offers its users an option to set up two-factor authentication to log in to their accounts. So you may need to have access to the email / phone number associated with it to enter you user cabinet.
You know your Chime password but can’t remember your login. What to do?
So if you remember your password but can’t sign in to your Chime account, you need to do the following:
1. As a login, when signing in to your Chime account, you need to type your email address.
If you forgot what email you need to log in to Chime, here is a guide for you:
- Open the Chime website or mobile application.
- Find the “Forgot your email address?” link and click on it.
- In the next window, enter the phone number linked to the Chime service. Then click on the button Next.
- Wait until you receive an SMS with the email address you can use to enter your account.
2. Enter this email address and your Chime password to sign in.
3. Once you do it, check that you are not signed in on other devices to make sure your personal and financial data is safe.
What to do if you lose access to your Chime email, phone number, or both?
- How to change your email address. Enter your account using the code sent to your phone number. Go to the Settings menu and click the edit button in the upper right corner of your screen. In the field where the email is indicated, enter your new email. Then you’ll be required to confirm this address. Search for this email in your inbox, open it and follow the attached link. After that, the new email address will be linked to your Chime account.
- How to change your phone number. If you have changed your phone number and want to link the new one to your Chime account, you can do it in Settings. Sign in, go to the Settings menu, and click on the edit button in the upper right corner of the screen. In the field where the phone number is indicated, enter your new phone number. An SMS will be sent to it to confirm verification. Enter the code from this SMS in the special field. That’s it.
- What to do if you don’t have access to both your mail and phone number? In this case, you need to turn to a 24/7 Chime support service to reset your Chime password. Just call the hotline at +1 (844) 244-6363, wait for an answer from the support team, and follow their instructions.
You can also write an email with a detailed description of your problem to Chime’s support address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Chime account was blocked or suspended – how to fix that?
Sometimes you may be unable to log into your account due to the fact that it was blocked or temporarily suspended. Then you need to write a message at [email protected]. They promise to answer you within 24 hours.If you have other issues, try the next guide.
Issues with Chime mobile application
If you are using the Chime mobile application and can’t sign in to your account, the update may help you fix this problem. Check if the latest version is available, and, if yes, update your Chime mobile app. Avoid using public free Wi-Fi to protect your data from scammers, fraudsters, and hackers.
In order to update the Chime mobile application on your smartphone, follow these steps:
- Go to the App Store (if you have an iOS gadget) or Play Market (if you use an Android device).
- On the search bar, type “Chime”. Then tap Search.
- If you see the Update button, then you don’t have the latest version of the application installed on your device. So click on the Update button to start this process.
- Once the app is updated, try to sign in.
- If the issue still persists, try doing the next:
- For iOS users: go to Settings, then tap on General, next choose iPhone Storage and find the Chime application there. Tap on it and then select the option “Offload App”. After that, tap on the Reinstall App.
- If you are using Android: go to Settings, then tap on Apps and find the Chime application. Tap on it. Then scroll down and find the Storage, open it and tap on Clear Cache there.
- Sign in to your Chime account.
What to do if you forgot the Chime PIN code?
If you forgot your Chime card PIN, don’t worry. You also can change it through the Chime application or call at +1 (844) 244-6363. Be ready to provide personal information and check that your debit card is near you.
So, know you know what to do if you forgot your Chime password.
The first is to reset it right in your app or on the company’s official website. It will work for you if you remember the email address you entered while registering and you haven’t changed your phone number.
If you forget your login (i.e. email address), don’t worry to. There is an option for you to get an SMS notification from Chime with this password. All you need to do to get it is to follow the instructions on the “Need help?” page or screen. Just find your social security number because Chime will ask for it during this procedure.
Those who lose access to the emails or phone numbers linked to Chime have an option to change this info right in their accounts.
Also, you can always contact the official support or turn for third-party expert assistance for help.
So we have considered several options on how to reset the Chime password.
If Chime’s account was registered by you, you can easily regain access to it by following these instructions.
If you are having trouble following the Chime password reset instructions, you can contact the company’s support team.
If you have any questions or need more detailed advice or customized solution, feel free to send a message to the Howly experts 24/7.