Table of contents:
- Causes of error
- How to fix the TVAPP-00100 error
- Fix router problems
- Solve browser issues
- Fix VPN client or proxy server issues
- Solve DNS configuration issues
Comcast Xfinity is a streaming service that provides its users with access to web material and TV channels. The Xfinity Stream app may be found on the Apple Store, Google Play, and Amazon Store.
However, when attempting to sign in to the account or activate it, some Xfinity Stream subscribers might receive the error TVAPP-00100. This prevents customers from using all of the platforms that it has to offer and may be quite annoying. This problem is most commonly reported by users of the beta version of the Xfinity app. Unfortunately, this is a common issue with the Xfinity app. So let’s find out how you can repair it.
Causes of error
The error TVAPP-00100 can be caused by various reasons, one of which is a faulty cache.
Let’s have a closer look at other causes of this error:
- TCP/IP discrepancy assisted by improperly cached router data. Such a problem is frequently triggered by a TCP/IP inconsistency. In this situation, one should be able to resolve that issue by rebooting your router to enable the network device to build up a stable connection. If it doesn’t solve the problem, then you might need to reset the router.
- Domain name address discrepancy. Another possible reason for this issue is a usual DNS inconsistency that can break down the connection with one of the Comcast servers. In such a scenario, flushing your DNS settings and afterwards requiring the router to provide fresh settings with a renewed operation should solve the problem.
- It’s time to clear the browser cache. Even though this is the initial troubleshooting option offered by Comcast to those who might be experiencing this issue, it appears to be a rare occurrence. If you have damaged files within your browser cache, the solution is to fix them by clearing the browser cache.
- VPN or/and Proxy interference. If, on a system level, you are using a VPN application or a proxy server, then it is possible that the Xfinity application might not accept the connection. In such a case, you should be able to try and fix the problem by disabling the VPN of/and a proxy service that you’re using.
How to fix the TVAPP-00100 error
When viewing TV online, some customers encounter TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream. There are several options for resolving the issue. Check the methods below to know how to solve the Xfinity problem.
Fix router problems
In most situations, such an error is reported by the impacted users, who are usually able to fix the problem by refreshing their network connection and clearing all the TCP/IP data that may have caused the Xfinity error TVAPP-00100 to appear. Thus, the first step in resolving the TVAPP-00100 Xfinity app problem is to reboot the modem and/or router.
Restarting your Router
The majority of connectivity difficulties with your Xfinity app may be resolved with a fast router reset. It accomplishes this by wiping off the vast bulk of TCP/IP data without incurring any data loss.
Some customers who had previously experienced the same issue stated that the problem was addressed after restarting their router to force re-initialization of the Internet connection.
To restart a router, seek for the On-Off button on its backside and press it to turn off the power. To guarantee that your router’s power capacitors are entirely drained, first press the power button to turn it off, then physically detach the power cord.
After unplugging your router, wait for 1 minute before plugging it back, then wait until the Internet connection is restored.
Repeat the operation in the Xfinity app that caused the Xfinity error-00100 issue after access is restored to check whether the problem has been fixed.
If the problem persists, move on to the next solution listed below.
Rebooting your Router
If the basic restart does not work, you should reset your router. However, before you start, keep in mind that it will also reset most of the modem settings you’ve already created, including ports, whitelisted or/and blocked devices, etc.
After that, all router settings will be reset to factory defaults. If you wish to proceed with this operation, look for the reset button on the back of the router. In most circumstances, that button is built-in to avoid accidental activation.
To reset your router, press and hold the refresh button for 10 seconds minimum, or until all the front LEDs start flashing at once.
Solve browser issues
Despite the fact that the creators advocate for this solution, a tiny percentage of afflicted users have found it to be effective in resolving the TVAPP-00100 issue. However, if it is your browser cache to blame for the issue, then follow the instructions for emptying your browser cache. For Google Chrome, we’ve described the procedure. You can use various web browsers to do the same thing:
- Open the Chrome browser.
- At the top right corner, find the three dots and click on them.
- Then, select More tools, as shown below.
- Select “Clear browsing data…”
- Choose the needed Time range and Clear the data.
Note: Before removing the content and data from the browser, make sure the Cookies and other website data and Cached pictures and file settings are checked.
Please remember that this process will not delete any sensitive data related to your Internet browser, so you don’t need to prepare a backup. The only slight drawback is that you’ll be logged out of any websites you are presently logged in.
If you are using a mobile device for streaming Via Xfinity Stream App, then follow these steps:
- To clear the cache, go to the Settings.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Search for the Xfinity Stream application.
- Select Storage or Clear Cache.
- If you are a user of an Apple device, you will have to reinstall the app.
Fix VPN client or proxy server issues
If you utilize a proxy server connection, your access to the Xfinity app may be disrupted. In this scenario, you should turn off your system’s proxy server and start the stream once again.
To set right the error TVAPP-00100, you follow the guidance below:
Disable Proxy Server
Step 1: Open the Run window and type ms-settings:network–proxy, then click OK.
Step 2: Here you`ll see a pop-up window. You should find a Manual proxy setup and then disable the Use a proxy server option, as shown below.
Disable VPN Client
Step 1: Type ms-settings: network–vpn to the Run window and press Enter.
Step 2: In the VPN window, choose the active VPN network and turn it off.
Solve DNS configuration issues
As was previously mentioned, the error TVAPP-00100 may appear because of the DNS inconsistency. Wipe out the DNS configuration and restart the router with new values, as well as a renew procedure to fix several conflicts, such as clearing out the broken cache data and other DNS info. Please note that all of the network settings will be reset, and you will be assigned a new IP address from the router.
If your DNS settings were changed because of one of the reasons mentioned above, or even if some extraordinary situation has occurred, then try to use the Google’s DNS instead, which is totally free, by the way:
- Right-click on the Start menu and navigate to the “Network Connections”.
- Near the “Advanced network settings”, click the “Change adapter options”.
- Open the “Network Connection” window. Here you should right-click on your connection and open the “Properties” menu.
- Open the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and click on the “Properties”.
- Click “Use the following DNS server address” and type the following into the bar:
Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS server: 22.214.171.124
The second way to do it is:
- Use the Windows button and write “cmd” in the pop-up Search field.
- Run as administrator the Command Prompt, as it is shown below.
- After that, you should type the commands in the order shown below. Then click Enter.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip set dns
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- After all the commands have been executed successfully, you should restart your device.
We really hope that this guide came in handy and you can fix the error TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream by yourself. And if you have any additional suggestions or/and questions regarding the article, please feel free to contact us.