Having a long and detailed Reddit history can be great for finding old threads, but sometimes you may desire to empty it for privacy or other reasoning. Thankfully, it is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. In this guide, we’ll demonstrate to you how to complete everything so that you can start fresh.
Clear Reddit history: posting & comment
- The first step in this procedure is to go to the website and enter your profile.
- On your user profile page, look for the History tab and click on it. Here, you will be able to see all of your previous posts and comments.
- At the top, you should see a switch tagged Clear History. Click on this button.
After you have done this, all of your posts and comments will be removed from your profile page, as well as from other users’ views of your posts and comments.
Clear Reddit history: browsing
The next step to clearing your Reddit history is to erase your browsing records for this website.
- To do this, simply go to your account settings.
- Under the Settings tab, look for the Browsing History option and click on it.
- On the Browsing History page, a list of all the websites and pages that you have visited will be displayed.
- To erase your surfing history, just tap the checkbox next to each website and page that you want to disappear, and then go for the Delete button at the bottom of the page.
Once you have done this, all of your Reddit records will be erased and your account will be reset to a fresh start.
Erase Reddit history: search
The last phase to clear your Reddit search history is to head to your search page and tap the Clear switch at the top of the website. This will remove all of your search queries from your search history. Additionally, if you have recently used any specific keywords for searches, you can click the Clear button which is located right next to the search phrase to remove it as well. Once you have finished clearing your history, all of your search terms will be removed and you can start again with a completely clean slate.
How to erase Reddit history on Android?
If you prefer surfing the web from your mobile Android device, you can totally clear everything while you are still on the app.
- Open the Reddit application and go to Settings (the three lines icon).
- Once you are on the settings page, tap the History option. Here, a list of all of your recent searches will be shown.
- To delete your search history, click on the little trash can image next to every search query and then go for the Clear History option at the bottom.
This will help you with clearing up your Reddit activity history on Android.
How to clear history on the Reddit app on an iPhone?
If you are using Reddit on an iPhone, deleting your search history is a bit more complicated since the Reddit app doesn’t have an inbuilt feature to clear everything. However, you can still clear it by using your iPhone’s Safari or another browser.
- To do this, open the Safari browser and select the Bookmarks regulator.
- From the Bookmarks page, tap the History feature and then go for the Edit option.
- You should now see all of your browsing and search history listed on the page. To clear your Reddit search history, simply click on the red circle next to each search query and then tap the Clear button down on the page.
This will clear your iPhone from all of your search information from the Reddit app.
How to clear your Reddit search history online?
If you are using Reddit on the web, you can clear everything necessary by going to your personal profile settings and going to the History tab. On the next page, click Clear All to erase all of your previous search queries from your Reddit account.
Deleting Reddit history: hiding posts
Here is a list of tips to carefully hide all of your posts on Reddit:
- Log in to your account.
- Click the My Profile tab at the top of the site.
- Choose the Preferences tab that appears.
- Under the Account tab, scroll down and select Privacy & Safety.
- Under Comments, check the box that says Hide existing posts from my profile page.
- Click Save Changes to confirm.
Once you have done this, all of your existing posts will be hidden from view and won’t appear on your profile page. You can still see them at any time by going to the History tab.
Deleting Reddit history: checking removed comments
This is possible by searching the username or subreddit name in the URL of the comment. To do this, go to the comment page on Reddit, paste it into the search bar, and then add/comments at the end. This will open a page that contains all the comments made by the user, including the deleted ones.
Is it possible for anybody to check your history on Reddit?
Yes, it is possible. To do so, they would have to have your username and know where to look for it. Other users can use a combination of methods, like a Reddit search or going through your profile page, to gather information about your Reddit activity. Additionally, once logged into Reddit, other users can find some information about you by clicking on the Posts tab. This tab shows your numerous current remarks, posts, and upvotes. Depending on your account‘s settings, they could even gain access to your entire Reddit history should they wish.
- Clear Reddit history: posting & comment
- Clear Reddit history: browsing
- Erase Reddit history: search
- How to erase Reddit history on Android?
- How to clear history on the Reddit app on an iPhone?
- How to clear your Reddit search history online?
- Deleting Reddit history: hiding posts
- Deleting Reddit history: checking removed comments
- Is it possible for anybody to check your history on Reddit?
Go to the Preferences tab under your user profile and choose Deactivate Account. After that, you will be asked to enter your password to complete the process. Please note, this action cannot be reversed once it’s done.
It is another name for the reputation system on Reddit. You can earn points by posting and commenting positively and often on Reddit, and you can lose karma by doing the opposite.
Reddit is an immensely widespread online platform with a comprehensive mixture of topics and discussion communities for people to explore and engage in. It has become an important part of many people’s lives, providing an easy way to stay updated on current news and world events, debate different topics of interest, and share experiences and opinions. However, it is important to monitor your Reddit activity and manage your account to ensure your safety and privacy. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can delete your Reddit search history, hide your profile, and take other measures to keep your account and data secure. By taking these steps regularly, you can enjoy Reddit’s many benefits while knowing that your personal information and activity remain protected. However, if you are still unsure of how to delete history on the Reddit app, feel free to text Howly experts at any given time, since they are available 24/7!
No comments yet...