Did you try to pay with Venmo but find out that you can’t do it? Check this article if you see the “Venmo lost connection with the bank” memo. Use Howly’s guidelines and solve this issue within minutes!
4 common reasons for this issue
In short, you may see a “Venmo lost connection to bank” memo because you changed bank info, used an outdated Venmo, or have some security issues. Here is a full list of possible reasons:
- changes in your bank settings: card number, password, some security settings, etc;
- connection issues on your or apps side;
- outdated Venmo application;
- security problems on your side.
How to fix “Venmo lost connection to your bank”: 3 easy ways
Сheck the server status of Venmo and your bank. If it shows those services currently working, reconnect your bank on the Venmo app. The issue’s source is on your side. But if even this doesn’t work out, ask Venmo support for help.
Check server statuses
If services have some server issues, it will affect the users. To check them, follow next instructions:
- Open a preferable search engine.
- Type Server down check.
- Choose any down detector from the list.
- Paste Venmo and your bank website address.
You’ll see their current status. When it’s UP, the service works as it should. But if you see DOWN, the service has some serious glitches.
Reconnect your bank
If the servers are working, reconnect your bank. Stick to this guide:
- Open Venmo and Sign in.
- Tap on the Menu.
- Follow this path: Settings → Payment Method → Add.
- Enter your card details.
If none of these methods work for you, ask Venmo for help:
- Chat with the agent on the Venmo app.
- Write them at email@example.com
- Call on the Venmo hotline: (855) 812-4430
- Tag the @VenmoSupport on Twitter.
Open the app. Find the Menu → Settings → Payment Method.
Review the server status of the bank and Venmo. If they are working, reconnect the bank on the app. Open Venmo and follow this path: Find the Menu → Settings → Payment Method. If this didn’t help you, contact a Venmo representative.
If you see the “lost bank connection” memo on Venmo, update the application. Check the bank and Venmo servers. Reconnect your bank if you have the last app version and the servers are working. But if this didn’t help you, contact a Venmo agent.