Siri is the built-in voice assistant for every Apple device. You can’t run Google Assistant or Alexa on your iPhone and iPad. So, the only way to ask for voice assistance on your Apple phone is to activate Siri on iPhone 13.
It’s the only seamless way to operate a phone with your voice. You can set up within a minute and run Siri on iPhone 13 in multiple ways. You can use helpful and fun commands and turn on various notifications. Moreover, you can even use this assistant without the voice! Check this article to find out how to use this Apple assistant.
Set up Siri on iPhone 13
First of all, you should set up the voice assistant. Otherwise, it won’t recognize your voice. It won’t react to any command, even when you shout to the speaker. So you should get Siri on iPhone 13 with this guide:
- Open Settings → Siri.
- Turn on the toggle near Listen to Hey and Press Slide Button.
- You’ll get a pop-up notification. Confirm it by choosing Enable Siri.
- Siri will ask you to tell a few phrases to recognize your voice.
How to turn on Siri on iPhone 13: 2 possible options
Once you set up the voice assistant, you can use it anytime you want. You have two ways to call it: with the Power button or with the voice.
Use Siri with the side (Power) key on iPhone 13
Verify that you enable this option when you install the assistant. Go to Settings → Siri to check it. If you enable the Side Button toggle, use this guide:
- Hold the Power button until Siri activates.
- Ask the voice assistant what you want.
- Tap the Siri icon to ask another question.
Use Siri with a voice on iPhone 13
If you activate the Hey Siri option, you can call the voice assistant without touching the phone. Even from another side of the room or in the middle of the night without opening your eyes. Follow these easy guidelines:
- Say Hey, Siri to launch the assistant.
- Ask it a question.
- Once you want to ask something, just say Hey Siri once again.
If you wish to temporarily stop your phone from reacting to the Hey Siri request, face the screen down.
Type to Siri on iPhone 13
You also can use Siri to type short search queries. It can be useful in situations when you can’t use the voice. Use this guide to get Siri on iPhone 13 that understands your text messages:
- Open Settings and go to Accessibility.
- Find Siri and tap on the Type to Siri switch.
- Once you set it, press the Power until you see the text field.
- Write the message to Siri and press Enter virtual button.
- Choose Type to Siri to write another question.
Siri commands you may try
With every update, Siri becomes more sophisticated. That means you can ask her various useful and sometimes even fun commands:
- “Call [Name from your phone book]. If you have similar names in the phone book, Siri may ask additional questions like “Which Helen you wanted to call?”.
- “Remind me to take my tea at 8 PM”.
- “Set a timer for [specific amount of time]”.
- “Take a selfie”.
- “Accio + [Name of the app]” to open apps on your iPhone with voice commands.
- “Tell me a joke”.
- “What is the meaning of life?”. The voice assistant will reply to you with a Kant-related philosophy joke.
- “What are you doing later?”. Siri will respond with various rejection jokes.
- “Multiply [number] with [number],” “Divide [number] with [Number],” and other basic equations.
- “Check my voicemail”.
- “Tell me the time in [name of city]”.
- “Facetime me with [person from your phone book]”.
- “What is [number of measurements] in [another measurement]?” E.g.: “What is 750 grams in pounds?” or “Convert 100 Fahrenheit into Celcius”.
- “What will be an [percentage] of [number]?” It helps you calculate the tip or authenticity of the sales discount.
- “Tell me the weather for today”.
- “What are traffic conditions?”.
- “Tell me a knock-knock joke”.
- “Give me a dad joke”.
- “What does the fox say?”.
- “Sing me a lullaby”.
- “Play [name of the song or artist.”.
Go to Settings and look for Siri. Switch the toggles Listen and Press Side. You’ll get a pop-up. Confirm it and tell a few phrases so Siri can recognize your voice.
You can call Siri in two ways: by holding a Power button or with your voice. You can chat with Siri in two ways: with your voice or by text commands. Make sure that you turn on Type to Siri mode.
You can use Siri to set notifications, call people, ask for various commands, etc. You need just a minute of your time to set up “Hey Siri” on iPhone 13. After this, you can use the voice assistant.
You have two options to turn it on to ask for assistance: with the Power button or with your voice. Also, you have two ways to chat with Siri: you can ask it with voice commands or text them. You have dozens of useful and hundreds of joking commands that you can use with this artificial assistant.
No comments yet...