TV screen issues troubleshooting
How nice it may be to come home after a hard day at work, grab a snack, and relax while watching your favorite TV shows. Moreover, modern smart TVs have so many useful features that your pastime turns out to be even more enjoyable. But what if the screen suddenly stops working, preventing you from using the device? Do you really want to rack your brains fixing TV screen problems all evening? Highly doubtful! Contact Howly, we’ll do it for you!
Why choose Howly? Because we know what we’re doing. You’ll hardly find more responsive professionals ready to help you at any time of the day or night. Together with extensive experience and high qualifications in the field of technology, Howly experts are the best on the entire Internet. Over 1000 certified professionals offer instant TV problem troubleshooting online. We guarantee high-quality service and the best solutions for any TV bugs!
Get consultations from the top experts 24/7
On Howly, you can chat with experts about smartphone problems and solutions round the clock. We’ve already gathered thousands of quality specialists who have superpowers to make smartphone problems solved. Here you can always find someone ready to assist.
Describe what issues with a smartphone or gadget you’ve faced, and let us connect you to a professional who can consult you. Then talk to a gadget repair expert until your problem is solved.
People who assist you
We are confident that our experts are the best professionals you can meet on the web. They are top economists, beauty consultants, electronic engineers, and other specialists who have real superpowers to solve problems at a distance. Everyone who chats with you on Howly has successfully passed our 4-step verification and proven their competence. Now they are here to provide you with real expert answers and working solutions.
Experts you can trust
Answers in minutes
No hidden payments
Unlimited number of questions
Trusted & Secured
TV screen issues to solve with Howly
Howly experts distinguish different types of TV screen defects. The problem can be easy or more complex and take little or more time to solve. In any case, no matter what issue you face, hundreds or even thousands of Howly clients have already been in the same situation. Therefore, we’ve compiled a list of the most common TV screen display problems:
- Black screen error;
- Random screen flickers;
- Distorted image;
- TV screen refuses to wake up after sleep;
- Lines, spots on the screen;
- Blurred image;
- DVD player doesn’t open to the full screen;
- TV screen isn’t working;
- TV screen turns off during video streaming;
- Frequent freezes.
Spotted your problem? Howly experts will solve it with no effort! Even if your issue is rarer and more complex, our experienced specialists can still handle it!
Popular TV screen problems and solutions
It would seem that modern flatscreen TVs are so simple that there will be no problems with them. But as practice shows, glitches still exist. At the same time, there can be many reasons which lead to screen malfunctions. In any case, you might want to fix your TV as quickly as possible. So, Howly is already here for you!
How to troubleshoot TV problems quickly
You just need to take a couple of steps to troubleshoot TV display issues. First of all, go to the Howly homepage and find the chat window. Write to us whatever you want or tell us about your problem, and that’s it! One of our specialists will contact you and start solving your issue right away. The whole process takes no more than 5 minutes.
And since our experts have been dealing with television screen problems for a long time, they’ll fix any glitch in less than an hour. There is no need to leave your home and look for a service center nearby, TV troubleshooting is quick and easy if you work with Howly!
What our members say
Check out the most common LED and LCD TV screen problems and solutions:
Possible reasons for LG TV screen brightness loss include:
- Faulty HDMI cable;
- Night mode;
- Incorrect brightness or contrast settings;
- Failed elements in the power supply, for example, capacitors;
- Malfunction of the motherboard;
- Damaged matrix;
- Problems with the input signal (antenna, cables, connectors);
- Decoder or converter breakdown.
To perform general TV diagnostics and fix the problem, do the following:
- First of all, make sure that the external connections are reliable. If possible, replace the HDMI cable. Moreover, check that the TV signal source – digital set-top box or satellite TV – is functioning properly.
- After that, enter the TV menu, add brightness, and check the contrast settings. You need to make sure that you set the display parameters correctly, in accordance with the device’s instruction manual.
- Next, turn off power saving and night modes if the device supports them.
These tips may help you troubleshoot the issue:
- Carefully inspect the screen and make sure that there is no mechanical damage: dents, traces of blows, or cracks.
- Try connecting a computer or smartphone to your TV. If there are no problems when broadcasting an image from another source, then the problem lies in your signal source. To view the current signal source, press the OK or INFO button on the remote control.
- Reset your television to factory settings.
- Update the firmware.
If these recommendations bring no result, contact Howly for support and deeper diagnostics.
This is a fairly common problem related not to the screen but to the YouTube app itself. Do the following:
- Unplug the TV or Smart TV box for 10 minutes. Perhaps after that, YouTube will work stably. This is the first and simplest solution.
- Reboot your router. You can also check the Internet connection speed on your TV. Perhaps YouTube video or the application itself freezes due to low Internet speed. Contact your provider to fix the issue.
- If possible, connect the TV to another Wi-Fi network.
- Clear your search and browsing history on YouTube.
- Reset YouTube app settings.
- Clear YouTube cache and data.
- Update the app.