If you turn on your device and find that all you can see is black, it can be a frustrating experience. Fortunately, there are a few steps you may take to try and resolve the issue. But first, let’s talk about potential reasons why you might face this problem.
How come my Samsung TV has no picture?
When something like that happens, it can be very frustrating. There are many potential causes for this issue, including:
- A faulty power supply. This can be caused by a number of reasons, such as troubles with power surge, supply itself, or a cord. It is important to check all other possible causes before going for it, as the whole procedure can be a costly repair.
- A problematic HDMI cable. Can cause the issue if it is not properly connected to the TV or if it’s damaged. Additionally, it is important to check the settings on the device to make sure that the right one is selected. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to contact a technician for further assistance.
- A faulty remote, since it’s responsible for sending a signal to the TV to turn it on. Additionally, it can be used to control other aspects, such as the volume and channel selection, so if it is not working properly, it can cause other issues as well.
- A main board problem, is because its job is controlling the various components of the television, such as the display, power, audio, and other features. This can cause the black screen problem when it is powered on.
- A malfunctioned backlight, since it is responsible for illuminating the screen. The reason may lie in a variety of issues, ranging from a blown fuse to a defective LED strip.
It is best to seek assistance from Samsung customer service if the television is still covered by its warranty. If this is not the case, a trained technician can help you figure out what’s wrong and fix it. However, in order to ensure that the issue is resolved appropriately, it is essential to determine what is causing the black screen.
Trobleshooting no picture on Samsung TV
Check the input
Verify that the source setting on your device is correct. You can accomplish this by using the TV’s buttons or the remote:
- Open the menu or settings of Samsung.
- Go to the input.
- Select the one that your device is connected to. For example, if you want to display content from a cable box, you would select the HDMI.
If you find that the input is set correctly, and it is functioning properly, but the Samsung LED TV picture goes black, then the issue may lie with the TV itself. In this case, you should proceed to the next steps in troubleshooting.
Check the power
Make certain that the TV is powered on and plugged in. Make sure the outlet is working properly by checking it. The black screen will indicate a lack of power if the device is off. Make sure the cord is plugged in securely. To ensure a proper connection, power it on and off again if it is loose.
You may also try plugging the TV into a different outlet or use something else to ensure that the current one is working. If it is, check the power button on the device or the remote, to be certain that it’s not on standby mode. If everything is properly turned on, but the Samsung TV has sound, but still no picture, then the problem could be related to other factors.
Check the cables
They must all be properly connected. Unplug and reconnect the cords if you discover that they are slack. The HDMI, AV, and power cables are the ones that need to be checked. Check to see that they are properly connected to the source device, such as a box or gaming console, in addition to the television. The connectors should be clean and the cords should not be broken or loose. The cables may need to be replaced if the issue persists.
Check the picture settings
Ensure that they are not set to “Black Screen” or “Off.” You can access them by going to the menu and selecting “Picture”. Once you are in, you can adjust the brightness, contrast, and other things to make sure that everything is displayed correctly.
Additionally, you can check for any preset modes such as “Movie”, “Sports”, “Dynamic” or “Standard” and select the one that works best for you.
Check the remote if your Samsung Smart TV has no picture
Make sure that the batteries are not dead and that it is functioning properly. You can check this by trying to change the channel or adjust the volume. A malfunctioning or dead remote can prevent the device from responding to commands and cause this trouble. Also, you can use a different one or even use the button on the TV itself to navigate, if this one is not responding.
It’s also worth noting that if it is working, but your Samsung TV turns on, but shows no picture, it might be a problem with the IR sensor. In this case, you can try to clean it or reposition the device to face the remote directly.
Check for firmware update
- Navigate the menu.
- Select Software Update or Support.
- The TV will check for any updates that are available on its own and provide you with the option to download and install them.
To download the update, the device will need to be connected to the internet, and it may take some time. It’s a good idea to check frequently for them.
Perform a factory reset if your Samsung TV screen still goes dark
This is your last resort if none of the other options work. This procedure will restore the TV to its original state while erasing all custom settings. Follow these steps to perform a factory reset on this Samsung:
- Use the remote control’s menu button.
- Select Support or System from the menu.
- Choose the Reset choice.
- To finish the process, follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
Before performing the reset, it is recommended to back up any important settings or data. In addition, you should look in the TV’s user manual for specific information specific to your model.
- How come my Samsung TV has no picture?
- Trobleshooting no picture on Samsung TV
- Check the input
- Check the power
- Check the cables
- Check the picture settings
- Check the remote if your Samsung Smart TV has no picture
- Check for firmware update
- Perform a factory reset if your Samsung TV screen still goes dark
- Conclusion on Samsung TV has no picture
Yes, some of them come with it, which can cause this issue. To fix this, go to the TV’s menu and check the “System” option.
Yes, if this is truly the case. Unplug the device and wait a few minutes before plugging it back in to resolve this issue.
You can accomplish this by visiting their website and locating the regional contact information. They will be able to determine the cause of the issue and propose a solution.
Conclusion on Samsung TV has no picture
A Samsung Smart TV black screen can be brought on by a number of things, such as faulty firmware, loose cables, broken remote, or incorrect input settings. You can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned above to solve the issue. Contact Samsung customer service for further assistance if none of these methods work. It’s best to consult Howly experts if this fails. They are able to identify the issue and propose a solution.