Microsoft 1713 logic error is a common issue that is often reported by Howly users. Typically, some users encounter this issue while attempting to install MS Office packages such as Office 365 or Office 2016. The error message usually says: “We’re sorry, but we’re unable to start your program. Please ensure it is not disabled by the system. Go online for additional help”.
How do I fix the 1713 error?
Completely uninstall previous Office software
- 1713 error often occurs when you need to uninstall your current Office software or the remnants of a previous Office installation. Therefore, uninstall your existing MS Suite company with Advanced Uninstaller PRO or any other third-party uninstaller by clicking “Try it for free” on this webpage.
- Add Advanced Uninstaller PRO to Windows using the installer.
- Open the Advanced Uninstaller PRO window.
- Click Remove Common Tools and Programs to open the window below.
- Select all MS Office packages and just click the Remove button.
- Click the “Use Remaining Scanner” button to prompt users to remove all remaining music and MS Office registry entries.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- After that, select any remaining files and also select the registry entries listed in the Advanced Uninstall Cleanup window.
- Click the Done button.
Disable Windows 10 Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall may be blocking the installation of some MS Office suites whenever error 1713 occurs. Here’s how to disable the Windows 10 Firewall:
- Click the Start button and type “Firewall” in the search box. Select “Windows Defender Firewall” from the search results.
- Click on “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off” in the left pane.
- Select “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall” for both private and public networks.
- Click “OK” to save the changes.
- To re-enable the Windows 10 Firewall, follow the same steps and select “Turn on Windows Defender Firewall” for both networks.
It’s important to note that disabling the Windows 10 Firewall should only be done temporarily, and only if you’re sure it’s necessary. Leaving the Firewall disabled for an extended period of time can put your computer at risk of attack. Always ensure that your Firewall is turned back on as soon as possible after troubleshooting.
Run a System File Scan
- Program errors such as Down 1713 can occur due to syslog corruption. Run a system documentation scan and press the key combination Windows+X.
- Click Command Prompt (Admin) to open an elevated command prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type DISM./Online exe /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Restart Windows after restoring the search in system files.
No comments yet...