Recently, judging by the site statistics, the number of users who have switched to Windows 10 has grown significantly. And more and more questions arise specifically about Windows 10. As with other versions of Windows, “10” has a lot of different problems and errors when connecting to the Internet.
Users very often leave comments asking for help to solve the error “This computer lacks one or more network protocols“, which appears in Windows 10, and causes the Internet malfunction. This error appears in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
The error itself often appears after running Internet connection troubleshooting. And users run this diagnostic because the Internet simply does not work. And most likely, it is in the status of “Limited“, with a yellow exclamation mark. The Internet does work, but not for a long time. It works for about 5 minutes, websites open slowly, and then the internet connection is gone.
In any case, if your Internet in Windows 10 has stopped working, whether it is via cable or Wi-Fi, and the troubleshooting results show up as in the screenshot above, we will try to help you solve this problem.
This computer is missing one or more network protocols
The first thing to do after a normal computer reboot is to run three commands through the command line. The command line must be run as an administrator.
- There are many ways to do this. You can simply type cmd in the search box, then right-click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“.
- Next, copy and paste one by one into the command line and execute (by pressing ENTER) the following commands:
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh interface ipv4 reset
- After that, restart the computer and see the result.
Prescribing static DNS addresses
- Click on the Internet connection icon, and select “Network and Sharing Center“. Next, open “Change adapter settings“.
- Right-click on the adapter through which you are connected to the Internet, and select “Properties“. Highlight “IP version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and click on “Properties“. In the new window, check the box next to “Use the following addresses of DNS addresses“, and write these addresses:
- Press Ok.
- After making the change, restart your computer.
Disabling or removing antivirus
This problem can appear because of the anti-virus NOD32. In general, we advise you to disable all programs that can somehow affect the operation of the Internet connection.
The driver of the network card, or wireless adapter
Well, you can’t do without drivers. It is possible that the error “One or more network protocols are missing on this computer” may be due to the driver of the wireless adapter or the network card. Therefore, try updating or reinstalling the drivers.