Green Dot is one of the most popular cards, and cardholders say it’s easy and convenient to use. Sometimes your card can be blocked for a variety of reasons, such as suspicious activity or rule violations. But don’t feel bad, you can unblock your card very easily. In this article, you will learn 5 convenient ways that will help easily and quickly to unblock my green dot account.
Why was my card blocked: common causes
If you find that your card is blocked, it was probably automatically due to suspicious activity on your account, individual issues, or a violation of the service rules. The point is that the Green Dot team regularly monitors users’ accounts, and if the activity seems suspicious, the card is automatically blocked. The reason for this may be, for example, numerous transactions in a few minutes, which is atypical for a user. The team may assume that the card has been taken over by fraudsters. To protect its users from fraudsters, Green Dot blocks the card.
Also, if you have violated the rules for using the service, your account can be blocked. Therefore, you should carefully read the rules of the service before opening and activating the card. But you don’t have to worry. If your Green Dot card has been blocked, it is very easy to unblock it with your phone or computer.
How to unblock my Green Dot card — 5 best useful ways
How to unblock Green Dot account via Email
In order to find out the reason for the blocking, you can write directly to support using email. Here, a support team member will reply to your message, explain the reasons for the blocking, and help you find a convenient way to unblock it. Often, users are offered to go through the unblocking process directly in the mail. You can send the necessary requests and documents to confirm and unblock your card. To get started, you need to:
- Email IDV@greendotcorp.com.
- In your email, tell them that your card has been blocked, and you want to unblock it.
- Follow the instructions that a member of the support team will give you.
- If necessary, send your documents to confirm your identity.
- Wait until an employee confirms that your card is unblocked. This may take 1–2 days.
How to unlock restricted Green Dot account using an app
You can also unblock your card using the app. It only takes a few minutes and all you need is your smartphone and an Internet connection. Here’s what you need to do:
- The first thing we need to do is install the Green Dot app. You can do this in the App Store or Play Store depending on your phone’s system.
- Go to your account, and then go to settings.
- Next, find the Unlock Card tab and click on it. Done!
How to unlock Green Dot card with phone personally
You can also unblock it by contacting support by phone. This way you can talk to the operator personally and solve your individual blocking problems. To do this, you need to:
- Dial 1-866-795-7597. Be prepared that the line may be reset. Then call again in a few minutes.
- The next step is to press “5” and then “6“. This way you can contact the operator directly.
- Describe your problem to the operator, and say your real name and card number.
- Follow the operator’s instructions.
How do I unblock my Green Dot card with my account
This method can be done very simply. Even a not-very-experienced PC user can do it. You need to:
- Follow https://secure.greendot.com/greendot/login and log into your Green Dot account.
- Then go to your account settings.
- In the settings, find the Unblock Card button and click on it.
How to unblock my Green Dot with ID identification
If the suspicious activity has been noticed on your account, the Green Dot team may require verification of your identity. To do this, you will need to upload documents that confirm your identity and location. Here’s how to do it:
- First, make a scan of your ID.
- Then upload your scan of the document here -> www.greendot.com/documentupload.
- Wait a few days and then check the status of your card. If there are any problems, the team will contact you.
- Why was my card blocked: common causes
- How to unblock my Green Dot card — 5 best useful ways
- How to unblock Green Dot account via Email
- How to unlock restricted Green Dot account using an app
- How to unlock Green Dot card with phone personally
- How do I unblock my Green Dot card with my account
- How to unblock my Green Dot with ID identification
If you cannot make a transaction with your card, then it has been blocked. In this article, you will find the 5 best ways to unlock quickly and easily.
You can unblock your account in 5 ways: with your account in the browser, by email, by verification of documents, by phone and with the application. Detailed instructions for each method are described in this article.
If you have tried all the methods from the article, and the card is not unblocked, then you should contact support. You can do this on the official website.
Sometimes Green Dot cardholders are faced with the fact that their account and card have been blocked. This happens for completely different reasons, which you can find out individually. But you don’t have to worry or be nervous. You can very easily and easily unblock your card in any way that is convenient for you. In this article, you’ll have detailed instructions for unlocking via email, the app, document verification, the phone, and a browser. Choose the option that suits you best and unlock your account quickly and easily.
No comments yet...