Funimation is an anime hub that offers over 13 000 hours of the hottest shows and thrilling movies. The streaming service enjoyed the greatest popularity until 2022 up to the time when Sony took possession of Crunchyroll and finally merged both platforms. So now, more and more users are eager to cancel a Funimation subscription and switch to Crunchyroll to get the most out of its library of thrilling anime exclusives. There are also those who have nothing more to watch, considering that Funimation has simply exhausted itself. Luckily, the process of account termination is almost the easiest, and Howly will show you how to cancel Funimation now with no trouble. This guide reveals simple methods to break ties with the service on different platforms, including desktop computers, Xbox, Android phones, Amazon, and iOS devices – just find the way you signed up and follow the presented steps.
Troubles you may face while attempting to cancel Funimation account
It would seem like what problems can you face if it all comes down to finding the right button? Despite the simplicity of the process, many anime fans still run into trouble out of a sudden when trying to unsubscribe. We’ve described the most relevant issues below:
- no option to cancel Funimation Premium on PS4;
- troubles login into the Funimation account via the website;
- unresponsive or buggy Android app;
- subscription isn’t showing up on iTunes;
- problems when unsubscribing via Apple TV;
- inability to cancel a Funimation order through a Smart TV;
- troubles getting into Microsoft wallet to cancel via Xbox.
Howly fixes all these and any other probable subscription issues effortlessly. Our technicians suggest the fastest steps to troubleshoot customer problems and say goodbye to Funimation.
How to cancel your Funimation account on PC
This is one of the most popular methods to get rid of the service since the majority of people use their bank cards or PayPal accounts to purchase subscriptions and stream the platform via their computers. Therefore, if you’ve used the Funimation website to sign up, this is your option to go. So how do you cancel Funimation online via your PC?
- Visit the Funimation web page via your laptop or PC browser and log in.
- Tap the circle icon of your profile to see the drop-down menu – pick My Account.
- Access Subscription and pick Cancel (the red button).
- Check out your account info and pick Cancel a second time.
How to cancel Funimation subscription on Android
Purchased your sub via Google Play? Then you should cancel the Funimation membership by launching your Android app.
- Once you’re in your account, hit the three-line icon and pick Settings.
- Choose Your Plan to access Google Play Subs.
- Tap Funimation.
- Select Cancel my Funimation subscription.
- Confirm and then remove the app from your phone.
How to cancel Funimation subscription on iPhone
Apple phone owners can cancel a Funimation now subscription via iTunes. The process is clear and quick, you’ll hardly encounter any troubles. By the way, the same steps apply to iPads.
- Tap Settings to run the app.
- Access your Apple ID by clicking on the profile.
- Move to the Subscriptions tab.
- Go to the Active subsection and pick Funimation.
- Terminate your plan by tapping cancel Funimation now subscription.
How to cancel subscription on Funimation via Amazon
Quite a lot of anime lovers acquire their Funimation subscriptions via Amazon IAP (in-app purchase) and watch the service on Fire TV. If you’re one of them, you’ll easily cancel your membership by visiting the AppStore Subscriptions page.
Enter the Microsoft login page and access your valid account. Open Services & Subscriptions, spot your Funimation sub and pick Manage next to it. Now, cancel your plan by hitting the confirmation button.
The service offers a 2-week trial for any of its membership plans. To avoid being charged for a subscription, make sure you cancel the free trial on Funimation one day before the scheduled billing.
There’s no option to deactivate the membership via PS4, but you can do it right on the web. So, move to the Funimation page, access the My Account section, and navigate to Subscriptions. All that remains is to hit Cancel to stop the Funimation subscription.
No matter what platform you choose to sign up for Funimation, each cancellation solution is easy to complete. We’ve covered the most popular ways to stop any available membership plan. However, there are many more options to cancel your Funimation subscription. Hence, feel free to get in touch with Howly if you’re seeking quick methods to unsubscribe via smart TV, Roku, Android TV, and other services. We’ll also give you instant stepwise assistance to handle any subscription issue.