“My Fitbit Versa screen went black” — this problem is sometimes encountered by many fitness bracelet users. The reasons for this can be absolutely different, ranging from temporary difficulties to serious system failures. Do not worry. Howly team has prepared a detailed guide to help you restore your bracelet and make it work. Follow the detailed instructions to continue working with your device.
My Fitbit Versa lite won’t turn on — what is happening?
If you notice that your Versa 2 won’t turn on and the screen does not work, there may be many reasons for this. This is an individual issue and depends on many factors. For example, the reason could be that the screen does not respond to touch because your fingers are wearing gloves to serious technical problems of the device. Here are the most common reasons why the screen does not work.
The screen does not respond to your fingers
Sometimes it happens that the bracelet screen does not want to respond to your fingers and Fitbit Versa won’t turn on. This happens when your fingers are wearing gloves. For example, in cold weather, we warm our palms with gloves and try to turn on your gadget. The screen does not respond to the glove material. Also, if you are overexcited and your hands are sweaty, the screen may not respond to touch due to moisture on your hands.
Droplets of water got on the screen
If water droplets get on the screen, the screen will have trouble responding to your touch. This sometimes happens after a morning shower or during daily cleaning (washing dishes, etc.). Usually, we don’t even notice that water has got on the screen and try to turn the device on without success.
Your device has overcooled
It’s no secret that modern gadgets are very sensitive to temperature changes, especially cold. So often the device can become overcooled in winter, being at low temperatures for a long time. In this case, the Fitbit Versa 3 won’t turn on and not respond to your touch, and the screen will remain dark until the device warms up.
The bracelet was damaged
The reason why your Fitbit Versa stopped working may also be because the device was physically damaged. For example, you accidentally hit your hand with the bracelet against a car door or the bracelet fell off your hand on the floor. This can damage important parts of the bracelet and cause it to stop working.
Bracelet system malfunctions
And one of the most common reasons why Fitbit Versa 2 died and won’t turn back on is because errors occurred in the system. Most of these failures and errors can be fixed by yourself thanks to the tips in this article.
How to turn on Fitbit Versa 2 — 7 useful and simple tips
Dry your hands, wipe your device
If your Versa 2 wont turn on, the reason may be that your screen is obstructed by external factors. You should wipe the moisture off the screen, remove your gloves, or wipe your hands dry. Now try turning the screen back on again. You can also try removing the protective case from the device and peeling off the protective film. Perhaps they are preventing the correct operation of the device.
Try resetting the bracelet
It is possible that the reason why your Fitbit Versa 2 screen went black is due to temporary technical malfunctions. You can do it this way:
- Find the button on the side of your device.
- Press and hold your finger on the button for 20 seconds.
- After the device has turned off, wait a while and then turn the phone back on.
One time may not be enough, so reboot your device several times. If the process fails, try removing the protective cover.
Update the program with your application
There is a chance that Fitbit Versa 2 has stopped working because you haven’t updated the app in a while. This problem is very easy to fix. Follow these instructions to update your app:
- First, find the band app on your phone and go to it.
- Check to see if your wristband has synced with the app. If not, turn on your Bluetooth and sync the two devices.
- Then go to your profile and find the Update button. Click it and wait for the update process to go through.
- Then restart your wristband and check if the screen works.
Charge your device fully
Maybe Fitbit Versa screen went black because the bracelet is empty? We suggest you check and fully charge your device. It is important not to touch the bracelet while it is charging and let it fully charge from 0% to 100%. You can also experiment with charging. Is it possible that your device is not charging well because your charger is not working properly? Then replace your charger with a new and working charger.
Adjust the brightness on your bracelet
There is a possibility that the Fitbit Versa no display problem arose because the brightness settings here have gone astray. This problem is especially acute in sunny weather, when under direct sunlight it feels like the screen does not work. Therefore, we suggest improving the brightness settings:
- To do this, go to Settings and find the tab Brightness.
- Then select the Maximum function next to brightness.
- Turn off the Auto Adjustment function so that the brightness does not change on its own and always stays at maximum brightness.
Do a full reset
Sometimes the problem with Fitbit Versa black screen no green light can be a technical malfunction of the device. In order to fix this error, you can do a complete reset of the settings. Here is a short instruction:
- To get started, go into your device’s settings and find the About Fitbit tab.
- From the menu that opens, select Reset Settings.
- You will then be taken to a window where you need to confirm the reset. Click OK and the resetting process will begin.
- After that, try to turn on the device and check if the problem is solved.
But be prepared that after a reset, your device will revert to a complete basic setup. So you will have to enter all the necessary information again.
Disable water lock mode if it is activated
You probably know about the special mode, which is turned on during the shower, and swimming lessons. It helps maintain the integrity of the device when it is placed in the water. If you have not activated the water mode, it may have turned on by accident. So if you have problems after the device gets wet, you need to:
- First, dry the device well and give it a few minutes to dry completely.
- Then tap on the screen with your finger several times.
- Immediately afterward, press the side button for 5-7 seconds.
Now, check if the phone was able to come out of water mode. If it didn’t and Fitbit Versa lite won t turn on, do it again after a few minutes.
- My Fitbit Versa lite won't turn on — what is happening?
- The screen does not respond to your fingers
- Droplets of water got on the screen
- Your device has overcooled
- The bracelet was damaged
- Bracelet system malfunctions
- How to turn on Fitbit Versa 2 — 7 useful and simple tips
- Dry your hands, wipe your device
- Try resetting the bracelet
- Update the program with your application
- Charge your device fully
- Adjust the brightness on your bracelet
- Do a full reset
- Disable water lock mode if it is activated
If you get this error, something has gone wrong. It could be a temporary technical glitch, or it could be serious damage. This article describes the best methods to get your device working again. They are very simple and you can do them yourself. Find handy and simple instructions in this article to fix your bracelet.
If nothing helps you, the problem is probably much worse than it initially seemed. That’s why we recommend getting official help. Contact FitBit support. You can do this on the official site using the Get Help button. Click on it and describe your problem. You can also find a contact number here to get in touch with them and call them if necessary.
If your device was working properly but stopped turning on after it ran out of power, it may be your charger. Try changing your charger to a new one that works properly. Leave the device on charge for a long time and do not touch it during this period. Then try turning the watch on and see if it works.
Fitbit is a handy device that helps thousands of people keep fit. This fitness bracelet copes with many sports and health tasks. But it happens that the bracelet screen stops working and responding to your touch. In such cases, users may decide that the device is permanently broken and can not be repaired. In fact, there are 7 ways you can fix your device yourself. Keep them for yourself and share them with your friends so that you can always get your Fitbit back working.
To get the screen back to work, you need to:
- clean the device and remove its cover;
- reboot the smart bracelet;
- update the software;
- fully charge the Fitbit;
- correctly adjust the brightness;
- make a reset;
- disable water protection mode.