Fast and easy computer overheating fix
- Ask questions - get answers from high-class professionals 24/7
- Unlimited chats for active members. Cancel anytime
- Main Page
- Computer overheating
Read chat with an expert >
PC overheating troubleshooting
Computers and laptops are indispensable assistants in modern life. We use PCs for a wide variety of purposes – to watch movies, play games, check the news, work, order food, and so on. But it happens that users do so many tasks at the same time that the PC seems to be on fire. This is a troubling sign, and you shouldn’t neglect it. Wondering how to fix computer overheating? Howly is here to help you!
Get consultations from the top experts 24/7
When it comes to CPU heating, it’s better to entrust the problem to professionals. And Howly offers certified specialists who can deal with overheating issues regardless of your computer or laptop model. The excellent technical skills of Howly experts allow them to find the best problem solutions. Moreover, our specialists are available 24/7 in case you want to fix your device in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn.
People who assist you
Experts you can trust
Answers in minutes
Unlimited number of questions
Trusted & Secured
Widespread computer overheating issues
Every computer heats up during operation, and this is absolutely normal. Problems begin when the PC overheats. And this is probably the most common issue with modern desktops. Users often turn to Howly with the question, “Why does my computer get so hot?” and ask to fix the problem. There can be many PC or laptop overheating issues, the most common ones include:
- Computer shuts down after several hours of operation;
- PC overheats while playing games;
- Computer restarts for no reason;
- Computer keeps overheating in sleep mode;
- Laptop gets hot while charging;
- CPU running hot;
- Computer gets hot under no load;
- PC is still overheating after fan replacement;
- Laptop gets hot while standing on the cooling pad;
- CPU is overheating after applying a new thermal paste.
If you have these or any other overheating problems, Howly experts will be happy to help you. Their knowledge is enough to fix all kinds of technical issues. In addition, our specialists are ready to take on any challenge!
Efficient PC overheating solutions from top Howly experts
If your computer keeps overheating, it may cause various problems and system crashes. That’s why it’s so important to fix the issue in time. If you don’t know how to do it and advice from the Internet gives no result, it’s time to seek expert help. Many people trust their devices to Howly. Just ask your question, and we’ll answer it!
Why turn to Howly if your PC keeps overheating
Howly will easily figure out why your computer gets hot and help you solve the issue as quickly as possible. Moreover, our experts will answer all your questions at any stage of problem-solving. You can also follow the repair progress online and communicate with an expert in live chat. You’ll experience all the benefits of our consultation service only by becoming our client. We are here to solve your technical problems 24/7!
What our members say
How do I know if my computer is overheating?
There are several ways to identify that your PC gets too hot:
- The computer freezes in 2-5-10 minutes after booting
- The computer shuts down or restarts
- BSoD (blue screen of death) appears for no reason
- The computer takes longer to boot and runs noticeably slower, especially when you launch heavy applications
- Fans run at high speed all the time
- Airflow doesn’t come out of the vents
Another way to check the device for overheating is to use the Everest, AIDA64, or HW Monitor programs.
What causes a computer to overheat?
There can be several reasons for a computer overheating, check them out before fixing your PC:
- Too many processes running simultaneously;
- Dust accumulation;
- Dry thermal paste;
- Fan wear;
- Ventilation problems;
- Software issues;
- Power supply failure;
- Deformation (depressurization) of the thermotube;
- Virus attack or other malware;
- Errors in system settings.
You can identify most of these causes of PC overheating on your own. However, some still require expert diagnosis, so feel free to ask Howly for help.