Cable, Wi-Fi, and even Bluetooth are the three most common ways to transfer files between Android and Mac. Choose the way you like and share information in just a couple of clicks.
How to transfer files from Android to Mac using a USB cable
In the age of wireless technology, USB is neglected. However, it’s probably the best way to transfer data between Mac and Android. A traditional cable also provides the fastest data transfer speeds. The only difficulty can arise only with USB ports, which are not included on modern Macs. But in this case, you can use USBC adapters or other methods from our article.
- Download Android File Transfer from the official website of the OS developers and install it on your Mac by dragging the application icon to the “Programs” folder.
- Connect your Android device to your Mac with a USB cable and swipe down to select “Charge via USB” → “Transfer Files“.
- Run Android File Transfer and navigate in the file manager to the desired memory partition: internal drive or SD card.
- Select the files you want to transfer to your Mac and drag them to your desktop or any other folder.
In the same way, data can be copied from a computer to a mobile gadget.
How to transfer files from Android to Mac using Wi-Fi
Wireless transmission is slower than cable but still allows you to send files from Android devices to Mac quite quickly. It works like this: an FTP server is launched on the smartphone, and the computer connects to it via any browser. Here’s a quick instruction:
- Install the ShareMe app on your mobile device and launch it.
- Go to the Menu and tap Connect to Computer. Select secure mode, and make up a username and password to connect.
- Specify the location of the files to transfer and memorize the server address.
- Make sure your Mac is connected to the same network as your Android device and enter the FTP address in your browser.
- Log in to the server with the username and password you set up earlier.
- Find the files you want on your gadget drive and simply drag and drop them to the desktop or another folder to copy.
How to transfer files from Android to Mac using Bluetooth
Bluetooth is the slowest connection on our list, but it can also be useful in some cases, especially if you don’t need to install additional applications on your smartphone, but just want to change the sharing settings on your computer.
- Open the System Settings and go to “Sharing“.
- Find “Bluetooth Sharing” on the side menu and check the box next to it. Also, for security, select the “Ask what to do” option to receive and view files.
- Open the desired document or photo on your smartphone and go to the standard “Share” → Bluetooth menu, then select Mac from the list of available devices.
- Confirm the file reception on the computer and wait for the transfer to complete.
- To send data from Mac to Android open “Settings” → Bluetooth and tap the name of the gadget in the list. Right-click, select “Send a file to device” and find it in Finder.
No comments yet...