Table of contents
- What is ImgInn?
- Understanding ImgInn Interface: How to use ImgInn
- Is it still possible to create an account on Imginn?
- How can I use Imglnn to store an entire story?
- How to download Instagram posts anonymously from ImgInn?
- Pros and Cons of ImgInn
- Good Things about ImgInn
- Bad Things about ImgInn
- Is ImgInn safe?
- Is ImgInn capable of data hacking?
- How do I request to remove my Instagram account from ImgInn?
- Top 3 ImgInn alternatives to try
- StoriesIG (former SmiHub)
ImgInn (often called Imgnn, Imagine, or Ingin) is one of the most popular services for viewing Instagram posts anonymously. But is it legal and safe?
The service describes itself as an “Instagram backup tool”. While in reality, it allows you to download videos and photos from Instagram.
What is ImgInn?
It’s a service that allows you to watch anonymously content from other users with open profiles. The object of the “spying” wouldn’t know that you are watching their posts. ImgInn (often called ImiGinn) also prevents you from accidentally liking other user’s profiles. So it can save you nerves and prevent potentially stressful situations.
Understanding ImgInn Interface: How to use ImgInn
This service is an easy single-page website. It has a lot of banners with sponsored ads, so it can stay free for users. Currently is no official ImgInn app: today, it has only a web version. Here is an algorithm on how to use ImgInn properly:
- Paste the name of the user in a search box. Confirm your choice by pressing Enter or clicking on the virtual magnifier.
- The service will show you 10 to 50 accounts with similar names. Find the profile that you are searching for and click on it.
- Now you have 2 options: view posts of this profile or tag posts. You can view any post anonymously by clicking on it.
- Click on the big blue Download button to download the content.
Beware that there will be a lot of ads at every step. You can turn on the AdBlock browser extension if you don’t like advertisements. The ImgInn service will still work, but there could be minor glitches.
Is it still possible to create an account on Imginn?
As for now, the option of creating an account is disabled. So you can use the service without registration, and there is no need to login into the website
How can I use Imglnn to store an entire story?
Yes, you can use this tool to watch current stories and highlights. The downloading interface stays the same as with posts: you find the user, open their page, and click on the Stories tab. After this, click on the big blue Download button.
How to download Instagram posts anonymously from ImgInn?
ImgInn is an anonymous tool. You can download any post by following these simple steps:
- Type the username in the bar on the homepage. Confirm your search by pressing Enter (if you are using a PC) or tapping on the virtual magnifier button (if you are using a phone).
- You will see the list of users with similar usernames. Choose the one that you are looking for now. It will redirect you to their page in ImgInn viewer.
- Select any post. You will see the description and the first 10 comments.
- Click on the big Download button.
Pros and Cons of ImgInn
Every service has its advantages and disadvantages. And the ImgInn Instagram tool is no exception. We have compiled 2 lists containing all strengths and weaknesses of this service. This information will help you decide whether to use ImgInnor continue looking for an alternative to ImgInn.com.
Good Things about ImgInn
It’s no secret that this service has thousands of devoted customers. They prefer using ImgInn (ImiGnn, Imgonn) for its main features like:
- Ability to download any post: photo, video, reels.
- Browsing profiles anonymously. This feature excludes the possibility of liking someone’s post accidentally
- There is no necessity to have an Instagram account to watch other profiles. Nowadays, Instagram doesn’t allow you to watch profiles if you don’t login into the social network. But ImgInn.com can trick the social media engine.
Bad Things about ImgInn
But behind every silver lining, there’s a cloud. Here are the main disadvantages of the ImgInn Instagram viewer:
- A lot of ads. It helps the team to keep the service free, but the number of advertisements could be annoying.
- The interface doesn’t allow you to see likes or view counts in the post. You wouldn’t be able to collect statistics using ImgInn.
- The service can’t show posts on private accounts.
- You can’t view all comments in the post if there are more than 100.
Basically, ImgInn (Imigin, ImgImm) works like most “preview and download from socials” services, so it has the same advantages and disadvantages as all similar tools.
Is ImgInn safe?
The service allows you to view content that users release to the general public. Therefore you can’t watch Instagram stories shared with your “Close Friends list” or visit a private account. It’s a good sign that shows that this tool can’t hack profiles.
We assume that it’s a pretty safe service, and the ImgInn search machine works like a medium that helps you view public profiles and download any media published there.
Is ImgInn capable of data hacking?
Previously, users could log in using their Instagram accounts to watch and download stories anonymously. It caused a lot of speculation concerning data usage. To prevent further issues, ImgInn.com has just disabled the log-in feature from the service.
Moreover, in recent years the service has lost a bunch of core “spy” features. However, now it can work even in countries with strict data regulations. So, as for now, ImgInn (Imginm, ImgIin) is not capable of data hacking. But still, it’s better to be careful and not to share some valuable private information with any similar service.
How do I request to remove my Instagram account from ImgInn?
If you don’t want to share your content on ImgInn, you can send a request to their customer support team. Your Instagram account status remains the same. But when other users paste your username into the ImgInn search bar, they won’t find your page there.
They also won’t be allowed to download any of your posts or stories. Open the “Remove Request” page, copy the link to your Instagram page and write your contact e-mail. Once the ImgInn team satisfies your request, they will send you a letter to your e-mail.
Top 3 ImgInn alternatives to try
If you don’t like using this tool, we have 3 sites like ImgInn for you. Some have few paid extra features, while others allow you to watch and download just 10-20 recent posts for free.
This service is similar to the ImgInn (ImgInn, Img Inn). It has the same tools and features but with fewer ads. Though Dumpor promises that you can watch other people’s stories, this feature is unavailable at the moment. Here is the list of currently available features of Dumpor:
- view and download posts & Reels of the selected user;
- read the description and comments on the post;
- track the number of followers;
- hashtag search.
This IngInn alternative allows you to watch stories and posts of other people anonymously. It has free and paid versions. If you don’t want to pay for the subscription, you will see only up to 20 recent stories and up to 50 latest posts.
If you want additional features, you can buy a “daily package”: 3 days for $9,99, 7 days for $14.7, or 15 days for $19.5. It will give you the following tracking features:
- view all publicly available stories and posts;
- track all likes and comments on the page;
- view user’s subscriptions and unsubscriptions;
- track the user’s likes on other pages, which is extremely helpful as Instagram officially disabled this function a few years ago.
StoriesIG (former SmiHub)
A free alternative to ImgInn (ImgIbn, Imiggin) allows you to watch and download stories and posts of Instagram users. But it has some limits: up to 10 stories and 22 posts. There are no paid features. The algorithm is the same as in other tools:
- Type the username in the search bar. The tool will show you a few users with similar usernames.
- Choose the page that you want to track anonymously.
- View and save needed content.
ImgInn is an easy and powerful tool that allows you to save other people’s posts. Type the username in the search bar, select profile, and you can visit the page anonymously.
ImgInn uses the Instagram Search engine, so you don’t need to worry about safety issues. This service is secure as it allows you to download posts without signing in to Instagram or ImgInn. Moreover, you can see all posts from the user that are publicly available at the moment, while other ImgInn alternatives only allow you to watch 10-20 recent posts for free.
Do you still have any questions about this service or its alternatives? Ask Howly! We have a team of professional tech experts who can help you solve any tech issue: from not working ImgInn website to issues with your smart fridge!