Xbox controller issues troubleshooting
Xbox has long been a favorite entertainment for millions of children and adults. It’s so nice to plunge into the virtual world to escape from the daily hustle and worries. It seems that nothing can spoil this idyll. Nothing but an Xbox controller glitch. When something goes wrong, it becomes impossible to control the avatar and play games. Sounds familiar? Then you should seek help from Howly!
Howly is more than a team of specialists. We’ve gathered skillful and sympathetic techno geeks ready to spend all their time and energy on solving the problems of others. Superheroes? Better! After all, our experts are available 24/7. Thus, over 1000 certified professionals are always here to answer your questions as soon as they arise. Howly specialists know how to fix your Xbox controller, so feel free to ask for expert help!
Get consultations from the top experts 24/7
On Howly, you can chat with experts about smartphone problems and solutions round the clock. We’ve already gathered thousands of quality specialists who have superpowers to make smartphone problems solved. Here you can always find someone ready to assist.
Describe what issues with a smartphone or gadget you’ve faced, and let us connect you to a professional who can consult you. Then talk to a gadget repair expert until your problem is solved.
People who assist you
We are confident that our experts are the best professionals you can meet on the web. They are top economists, beauty consultants, electronic engineers, and other specialists who have real superpowers to solve problems at a distance. Everyone who chats with you on Howly has successfully passed our 4-step verification and proven their competence. Now they are here to provide you with real expert answers and working solutions.
Experts you can trust
Answers in minutes
No hidden payments
Unlimited number of questions
Trusted & Secured
“Xbox controller glitching out” issues to solve with Howly
The very first question that arises when your Xbox controller starts glitching is where to take the device to fix it. Howly saves you that hassle by offering quick and efficient problem solutions. Here is a list of Xbox controller malfunctions we solve:
- “Sticky buttons” Xbox controller issue;
- Non-working RB/LB buttons;
- Spontaneous gamepad shutdown;
- Xbox controller is blinking;
- Xbox One controller connection issue;
- Excessive controller vibration;
- Gamepad assembly issues;
- Battery issues;
- Drivers installation errors;
- Problems with controller calibration.
The list includes only the most popular customer requests. Our experts have the knowledge and power to restore the stable operation of the Xbox controller, no matter what problems you face. Whether your case is complex or primitive – we’ll deal with it!
Frequent Xbox controller glitches and ways to fix them
Xbox has been here around for decades. And Microsoft cares about its brainchild, improving each new generation of consoles. But despite this, players still face certain problems, including the glitching Xbox controller. Luckily, gamepads are simple in construction and easy to fix. Howly experts know this for sure. As proof, consider the following common Xbox controller bugs and their solutions.
Why you need expert help to fix Xbox controller issues
If you know nothing about gamepad operation, it’s better to seek professional help to fix it. Howly experts will give you step-by-step instructions on how to troubleshoot any Xbox controller bug. The process is remote, which eliminates the need to leave your home. Our skillful experts will provide you with a quick and efficient Xbox controller fix so that you can enjoy your favorite video games as soon as possible!
What our members say
Here are the most common issues that may prevent your Xbox One gamepad from turning on:
- Battery problems;
- Charging cable issues;
- Firmware failure;
- Breakdown of internal components.
And so what can you do? Follow these steps:
- Check the batteries. Worn or bent battery contacts prevent the controller from turning on. Fix the problem if you notice any. Moreover, replace the batteries and make sure you insert them properly.
- Use a USB to micro USB adapter to connect your gamepad to the Xbox console. If the controller turns on, move on to the next step. If nothing happens, this indicates an internal malfunction.
- Update your gamepadfollowing the guide in Xbox settings.
The problem usually occurs due to the thumbstick wearing against the controller shell. Thus, plastic dust clogs the analog mechanism and causes drifting. To perform the Xbox controller thumbstick fix, disassemble the gamepad and clean the dust in the space between the shell and the circuit board. You can easily do this with a can of compressed air. You may also clean the gamepad using cotton swabs. When you remove all the dust, carefully spray the contact cleaner on the thumbstick. That’s all. Turn on the gamepad and test the sticks in games.
Most likely, the problem lies in outdated firmware. To fix the issue, do the following:
- Click the Xbox button to access the guide.
- In the Profile & System section, select Settings.
- Go to Devices and Connections and click Accessories.
- Click the “…” icon to check the version of your firmware.
- Click on the “Update” button and act according to the instructions.
- After the process is complete, restart the controller.