PlayStation 4 issues troubleshooting
PlayStation 4 enjoys great popularity around the world. More and more people are dreaming of getting their hands on the console, and those who already have PS4 spend hours playing their favorite games every single day and look forward to new releases. Despite Sony’s best efforts, many users still report occasional PlayStation 4 glitches. If you’re one of those “lucky” ones, Howly is the right place for you!
Each Howly client gets a unique opportunity to ask any technical questions to the best experts. Our certified specialists find an approach for everyone and are always ready to give you practical advice. They’ve already handled over 10 million issues, and the number of their achievements is growing every day. More than 1000 professionals work 24/7 and solve PS4 problems in minutes. So ask your questions at any convenient time!
Get consultations from the top experts 24/7
On Howly, you can chat with experts about smartphone problems and solutions round the clock. We’ve already gathered thousands of quality specialists who have superpowers to make smartphone problems solved. Here you can always find someone ready to assist.
Describe what issues with a smartphone or gadget you’ve faced, and let us connect you to a professional who can consult you. Then talk to a gadget repair expert until your problem is solved.
People who assist you
We are confident that our experts are the best professionals you can meet on the web. They are top economists, beauty consultants, electronic engineers, and other specialists who have real superpowers to solve problems at a distance. Everyone who chats with you on Howly has successfully passed our 4-step verification and proven their competence. Now they are here to provide you with real expert answers and working solutions.
Experts you can trust
Answers in minutes
No hidden payments
Unlimited number of questions
Trusted & Secured
PlayStation 4 console problems to fix with Howly
There are three PlayStation 4 models: PS4 Pro, PS4 Slim, and standard PS4. As practice shows, problems arise with each of the consoles. Moreover, users turn to Howly with a variety of PlayStation 4 issues. Therefore, our experts answer hundreds of questions every day. These are the most popular console bugs we deal with:
- PS4 shuts down randomly;
- Network connection issues;
- Disc keeps ejecting automatically;
- PS4 isn’t reading discs;
- PlayStation 4 power button not working;
- System freezes while playing games;
- PS4 is blinking blue;
- PS4 is blinking red;
- PlayStation 4 controller isn’t working;
- Software update problems.
All our experts have extensive experience in the field of modern technologies and can fix even fairly rare PlayStation 4 bugs. So we’ll troubleshoot any problem you have, even if you failed to find it on the list.
Instant solutions to Ps4 issues
Need professional advice? Howly will give you such an opportunity! No matter what problem you’re facing – our highly-qualified specialist will answer all your questions. Just tell us about your case – and a skillful expert will find the best solution for your issue. You may also find answers in the below-mentioned bug fixes in F.A.Q. block.
Why turn to Howly for PlayStation 4 troubleshooting
Howly takes care of both devices and their owners. If you’re wondering, “Where can I fix my PS4?”, feel free to contact us, and the best experts will do their best to solve your problem. There’s no need to go to the service center and waste your precious time. We’ll fix any PlayStation 4 glitch online. Millions of customers are satisfied with our solutions. Now it’s your turn!
What our members say
Issues with network connection are the most common cause of complaints from PS4 users. Typically, network errors are related to console maintenance (CE-33991-5 bug). In this case, you just need to wait. Outside of maintenance periods, there are a number of ways to help you get back online.
- Reboot the console, power off your PS4, and disconnect the power cord. Then do the same with the router. Wait a few minutes, restart the router, and turn on the console.
- Change DNS settings. First of all, open the “Network Settings” and click “Custom” for the “Wi-Fi” or “Wired” connection you use. Choose Network, tap on “Auto detect IP address”, and then “Don’t use” for DHCP. You’ll see two possible DNS settings – click “Manual”. Next, set the address of the main DNS server – 18.104.22.168, and the additional one – 22.214.171.124. After applying the settings, PS4 will connect to the network.
- Update firmware on your router. Faulty firmware usually causes network problems. Look for a sticker on the bottom of your router that tells you how to check if the firmware requires an update. Follow the instructions.
- Reconnect your PS4 to the home network. This sometimes helps to get the device back online.
The blue light of death remains the biggest PS4 problem. These options may help you:
- Update your TV’s firmware.
- Check the HDMI port for damage or debris. Moreover, test the port using another HDMI cable.
- Inspect the hard drive for possible damage and make sure you insert it correctly in the hard drive bay.
- Reset the PlayStation 4 controller: hold the PS button for a while until the indicator turns orange. Then hold the PS button again until you see the white light.
The problem is related to hardware overheating, possibly caused by a malfunctioning fan. The best solutions are:
- Let the console cool down. Turn off the device, unplug the power cable, and let the console rest until it cools down.
- Give your device enough space. Place your PlayStation 4 in a cool, well-ventilated area. In addition, the vertical position of the console helps to reduce overheating.