Instant computer monitor troubleshooting from Howly experts
Monitor issues troubleshooting
It would seem that such a simple device as a monitor should work flawlessly. Unfortunately, users often complain about various computer screen issues. At the same time, breakdowns happen with all monitors, regardless of their model. If you find yourself in the same situation, you’re probably looking for a way to deal with the problem as quickly as possible. And Howly is here to help you!
Get consultations from the top experts 24/7
Howly has already solved over 10 million technical issues, and the number is growing. Why are so many people willing to work with us? It’s all because of our experts! We’ve gathered the best professionals in the field of technologies. They love what they do and have all the skills to solve any PC issues quickly. Our certified specialists are happy to help our clients 24/7. And they’re ready to solve your computer monitor problem right now!
People who assist you
We are confident that our experts are the best professionals you can meet on the web. They are top economists, beauty consultants, electronic engineers, and other specialists who have real superpowers to solve problems at a distance. Everyone who chats with you on Howly has successfully passed our 4-step verification and proven their competence. Now they are here to provide you with real expert answers and working solutions.
Experts you can trust
Answers in minutes
No hidden payments
Unlimited number of questions
Trusted & Secured
Monitor screen issues to solve with Howly
Monitor issues happen to both old and new computer models. So such problems have been around for quite a long time, even though manufacturers are persistently trying to create impeccable products. Moreover, there’s a whole range of screen malfunctions you may encounter. Meet the list of PC monitor problems you can fix with Howly:
- Monitor doesn’t turn on;
- Monitor turns off randomly;
- LCD backlight isn’t working;
- Screen flickering;
- Vertical lines on the screen;
- Spots, pixels, or horizontal lines messing up the screen;
- Backlight but no picture error;
- Monitor doesn’t respond to control buttons;
- Reduced brightness;
- Image or color distortion.
Do you have another problem? Howly experts know the solution to any possible monitor issue. Just ask your question and get an instant answer!
Computer monitor problems and solutions
PC monitor issues are rarer than other computer problems. But they still make your life complicated, preventing you from enjoying all that computer fun. And if you’re facing a certain monitor failure for the first time, it might be difficult to figure out how to fix your device. Therefore, Howly experts prepared the top 3 most common monitor problems and their solutions. Feel free to explore them! Keep in mind that you can always turn to Howly for help if you have another question.
How to fix computer monitor problems faster
Many PC users run to the service center at the slightest monitor problem and wait several days to take their device back. Others ask the master to come to their place and, thus, pay a lot of money for PC repairs. Why complicate your life when you can fix a monitor malfunction in an hour or even less? All you need to do is tell Howly about your problem, and one of the best experts will start the monitor troubleshooting instantly. No long waiting, no unreasonable expenses – one message, and you’re halfway to solving your problem!
What our members say
Thank you so.much! That issue meant a lot to me....
There are a number of reasons why the monitor refuses to turn on:
- Monitor is off;
- Power supply failure;
- The cable between monitor and computer is loose;
- Monitor setup errors;
- Broken video card drivers;
- Faulty graphics adapter;
- Video card failure;
- Software issues, including malware and viruses;
- Mechanical damage;
- Burnt motherboard.
To solve the monitor won’t turn on issue, you should check all possible causes of the problem and fix them:
- Check if the monitor is on.
- Make sure you fix the video cable securely.
- Make sure the monitor is working by connecting it to another computer.
- Inspect the video card and RAM sticks.
- Check the power unit for damage.
- Disconnect all cables and cords from the computer and wait 15-20 minutes, then turn it on.
There are some simple steps that can help you fix monitor color problems:
- Turn off the monitor, wait 15 seconds, and then switch it back on.
- Restart your computer.
- Check the cable between the monitor and the computer to make sure you’ve plugged it in.
- Adjust the color quality settings for the video card by choosing the best possible option.
- Replace the monitor to see if the problems disappear.
The most common cause of computer monitor flickering is an incorrectly set refresh rate. Do the following:
- Open the context menu by right-clicking on any empty space on the desktop.
- Select Personalization.
- Find the Display tab on the bottom left panel and click on it.
- Tap on Adjust Screen Settings.
- Set your screen resolution and click Apply.
- Tap on Advanced options –> Monitor.
- Set the maximum refresh rate available in the list and click Apply.