Since the USB connector allows you to create a seamless connection between your computer and different types of devices, its breakage is a serious problem. What should you do if you encounter such a situation? What are the causes of the malfunction? Let’s answer these questions below.
What to do?
If you find out that a device plugged into a specific connector is inactive, you should immediately find out what is wrong.
- To check if the input is working, you should use Device Manager. Once you have entered it, you should examine whether the connector is active or not. Have you verified that everything is in order? Then disconnect it. Then turn it back on and immediately restart your PC.
- After successfully restarting the operating system, you must run an antivirus program. It is obligatory to perform a full computer scan for viruses. After the scan is completed, carefully examine the results. If you have the slightest suspicion, delete certain files.
- All service packs should be installed immediately, and the driver package should also be updated. The subsequent reboot should allow the USB connector to start functioning normally. It did not happen? Then a replacement is inevitable.
Causes of malfunction
- Physical impact. Connector breakage is inevitable if the user’s attitude is not gentle and careful. Abruptly pulling cords is never a good thing.
- Liquid intrusion. Water and other beverages are enemies to the proper functioning of many important equipment components. Connectors are definitely no exception to the rule.
- Connecting a broken flash drive or any other defective equipment.
- Software malfunctions.
- Factory defect, of which absolutely no one is immune.
- Self-repair by an inexperienced user. When a non-professional takes on the job, the risk of encountering various problems increases enormously. Very often, the reason for independent action is one type of failure, ending up with a completely different one.
It is better to entrust any repairs exclusively to specialists. In this way, you can completely safeguard against new problems.
How to replace a USB?
Initially, a competent diagnosis of the breakage is made. The technician determines which element is affected. He finds out what is the complexity of the situation. Then the system unit needs to be disassembled to get to the problematic connector.
Work with a broken inlet is as follows: it must be removed by infrared soldering. Immediately after, it is important to do a proper cleaning and blowing. It helps to get rid of the dust that inevitably accumulates inside. Only after that the installation of the new element and the subsequent assembly of the system unit is allowed. The final step is to set up the proper operation of the USB connector that has been replaced.
Who can help?
Online help-center Howly deals with a lot of customer requests every day. USB connector breakage is one of the most common. So our experts can fix any USB-related issues and much more right in the online mode.
Successful final results as quickly as possible and at affordable prices – it’s all about Howly. Satisfied customers quickly become regular customers.
Our experts can give you absolutely any solution and help you forget about future device issues. Send us a message – and see for yourself!