There are now several million people from all over the world who go to Instagram social media every day. The developers of this social network are trying to provide users with a high level of privacy using modern encryption protocols. However, everyone can face the possibility of a hacker attack and, in the worst case, be logged out of their Instagram and permanently lose access to their page. To avoid this, you must carefully monitor warnings from the system, one of which is phone verification.
Why does Instagram require phone verification?
Despite the high degree of protection of personal information provided by the service, any user can get a notification “Add phone number to get back into Instagram” after the hacker attack. If you periodically receive system notifications from the social network with a confirmation code, then you should pay attention to it. A similar procedure occurs when recovering a password or registering a new account. If none of this has been done recently, then the reason for the warning is your account is being hacked by attackers and requesting a code to use it for their own purposes.
Sign in to your Instagram account with your email address
If you were logged out from your Instagram, check your email for a message from this company. If your account has been compromised, you’ll see a new email about suspicious activity on your account or a change of your personal information.
If you act quickly, you may be able to reverse this change by following the link indicated in the email received. After that, you need to log into your Instagram and change your password. If that doesn’t work, go to the next step.
Log in with Facebook
You can also get access to your account by using your Facebook page if you were logged out from your Instagram. Follow these steps to sign in to Instagram with Facebook:
- In the lower part of the app window, click on the “Log in with Facebook” button.
- You will be directed to the Facebook login page. On this page, enter your email address or phone number and a password to your Facebook account.
- As soon as the login is completed, your Instagram profile will be displayed on the screen.
Add phone number to get back into Instagram
But in most cases, you see an “Add phone number to get back into Instagram” notification when this app wants you to increase your account’s level of protection. To do this, just add a phone number in the form you see and log in to your account again.
If this doesn’t work, follow these steps:
- In the support service section, you need to enter the login from the page you want to access.
- Then tap on “Other issues” in the received form. It is easy to find, as it is located under the large “Send Login Link” button.
- Fill out the form in English. Here you need to be ready to provide documents that confirm your identity. In some cases, it is enough to take a selfie with a code written on a piece of paper.
- If this form does not appear, to change the number, you can sign in to your Instagram with your Facebook account or by your email address.